Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hot Headed

Lex woke up with a fever yesterday. She peaked at about 105, but stayed around 102-103 for most of the day and night. This morning her temperature has dropped by a half a degree (102.2); so, that's a start. I think that because there are no other symptoms, this is just another joy of teething. I was hoping that since her sleeping is getting back on track, the side effects of teething were behind us, but looks like I may have been wrong.

Ways that this experience has changed Lexi's life: Poor kid is now afraid of the bathtub because her last 3 trips there have been cold. She is surprisingly unaffected when I shove the thermometer up - you know where - to get her temperature. And, she is now addicted to grape flavored Tylenol. On the up side, this has greatly increased her desire to cuddle. She wants nothing more than to lay her head on a willing shoulder, and refuses to sleep alone.

Her fever is very timely, as LA is in the middle of an abnormally hot spell... perfect cuddling weather. See prayers are answered... and, there is a sense of humor involved.

1 comments:

Rich said...

Poor girl, hey watch for a rash in the next day or two. It can be a viral rash called roseola, but it is very common and goes away on it's own. Kaitlyn had it, she spiked a fever really high and then a rash showed up on her trunk after about 2 days or so. the only reason I say anything is because teething fevers don't usually reach 105. that is pretty high. Keep the tylenol going. good work.