
Its been a while, so here's what's going on...
David
Is back in the swing of all things dental. He is really enjoying the chance to be in the clinic, and have patients to call his own - what we're looking for next, is patience with patients. At the clinic, there are 2 appointments possible each day: 9AM-12 and 2PM-5; with class lectures at 8AM and 1PM. On Fridays the clinic is not open, so he is in lectures all day.
With this great new schedule, he is usually able to make it home in time to see Lex for about an hour before bed. He is hard at work on research projects and other extra curricular activities; so make no mistake, he is still crazy busy. Even though UCLA is pass/fail, things are incredibly competitive.
He has also recently taken up swimming. There is a nice lap pool on campus that he uses. He is trying to get me to join him, but the mental image of him doing the butterfly stroke supplies me with all the workout I need.
Me
I am currently working very hard at trying to make my daily schedule sound exhausting and important. So hard that, in fact I think I'd better take a break and get some water before I pass out. Ah, better.
I am still getting the family cookbook together - my partner in crime is holding me back a little. Not to name names of course, but you know who you are and what you did (or aren't doing really). It is coming together nicely, and I have taken the chance to try out a few of the recipes. In fact, now that I have all the recipes - which was what I really wanted in the first place - I'm not feeling the need to rush. Again, may need another break here quick...
My day consists of trying to anticipate the mind of an 11 month old - sounds easy, right? Ya, go ahead and give it a try. I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money the "easy" assumption would lose - however, if by some chance I lose the bet my money only comes in red...
Lexi
Now for the main attraction. Tomorrow marks Lexi being 11 months old. I honestly can not believe how quickly the past year has gone... it feels like just yesterday that I was cussing not being able to see my toes, having a bowling ball permanently attached to my stomach, and drinking caster oil to make it all end! She is finally back on a sleep schedule - and once again sleeping through the night. I swear 3 months of teething were almost more than I could bear. Seriously, so she had teeth ripping through her gums in 6 places - does that mean we all have to be miserable?!
She eats anything she can get her hands on. That includes both edible and non... More than once a day I find myself shoving my finger in her mouth to retrieve something. As I was cleaning the bathroom recently, she took the liberty of washing her own mouth out with my face soap. Masochist or self-starter... tomAto - tomato.
She continues to grow up, but not so much out. I think that she will be crawling till she's about 2, because right now she shows no signs of realizing she is not a puppy. She is still incredibly social - and is able to smile pretty much on command. I think she is destined for the big screen, cause she can't get enough of herself.
She has an appointment with Dr. Jones (her hand surgeon) in November. At which time, we'll plan the first surgery. Everything with Dr. Jones has worked out better than we could have expected or hoped. The new hospital he is at will accept our medical insurance (where UCLA would not have if he'd stayed)... so we feel very blessed that it has worked to have a world renowned surgeon doing the work pretty much for nothing.
I think that about sums up how things are going around here. But, give me time, and I'm sure I can come up with something else...
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Where have you been
Posted by Jenn at 6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
so fun to read the update and such a cute picture of lexi. amazing how busy David is! and don't kidd yourself--you are wearing yourself out in other ways:) anything lexi needs/wants for her birthday? christmas?
Post a Comment