
Yesterday was the annual trunk or treat extravaganza for the Santa Monica stake. We decided that we had better start practicing being involved, because apparently when you have kids, you no longer have a choice.
Lex was the cutest bee in the crowd, and she was more than intrigued as she watched all the kids run around in their colorful costumes. In fact, she took one look at batman's perfect cardboard abs, and let's just say that David is no longer the only man in her life.
To sum the evening up: she thought Tinkerbell was slightly flighty, she wanted to tickle Elmo, the dinosaurs told her they were too old for her, she thought Superman was a little two-faced, and she was not sure why everyone was so impressed with the pirates little booty.
David was very excited to walk her around to the trunks and collect candy. She had no idea what was going on, but that was hardly noticeable to those handing out the treats. I finally caught on to the genius of the whole situation as car after car all anyone asked David was, "what's your favorite?" At least we weren't transparent in our intentions....
Once home we did a careful inspection of her loot - letting her be involved in the process of course. Sadly, there were defects in all her candy, and for her own good Mom and Dad had to confiscate everything. I guess she will have to wait one more year before she can fully enjoy all that Halloween has to offer.


Sunday, October 26, 2008
Here's the buzz
Posted by Jenn at 11:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am not one to comment on blogs but I sure love keeping somewhat updated on your life. I have to tell you that Lex is ADORABLE and hope one day SOON I will get to meet her in person. She really is the cutest bee! I love and miss you Jen. You are such a cute mom! :)
Seriously, she is soooo freakin cute i can't even handle it!!!!! Happy Halloween!
such a cute costume and she is all smiles. love that girl
Can't wait until she knows she is the queen bee! Oh wait she already does....just wait until she tastes the honey!! Love ya little Lex Grandma is just counting the days
Post a Comment