Saturday, August 8, 2009

you did what?

Kristen - this one's for you!

Photobucket

Recently, my brothers' wives and my mother decided to put a streak of pink in their hair. Since I was unable to attend the impromptu girl's day, and so I wouldn't feel SO left out, Kristen mailed me the supplies and I did my own. Side note: who knew you could mail hair dye? and, if you can't which disgruntled P.O. worker dropped the ball on that one?!?!

I was really excited to play along, right until I put the pink dye on... then, I had one of those "what on earth are you thinking?" moments... I have those a lot. but, by that point there was no turning back.
I think the bathroom took more of a beating than my hair - there is still pink everywhere. When Kristen warned that it was powerful; well, let's just say hopefully the next occupants of our apartment like pink, and I will NEVER question Kristen again!

The streak is actually pretty well hidden - with only a glimpse of pink every now and then. Which is probably for the best, I was a little worried what kind of backlash I would get at church since I am supposed to be an "example" for the young women (young woman rather, but that's a whole other drama)...

When I emailed David a picture, he had two questions:
1 - is it permanent?
2 - did you do it to Lexi?

Yes, permanent. And, come on give me some credit - since when would I torture my daughter simply to play with her hair?
Besides, I have a feeling blue is more her color...

1 comments:

Merrilee said...

Was it in honor of something or just for fun? I love it and think it is great! Is it still in your hair? That is so cool. Y'all are bad a$$!