
Last weekend, David and I had the brilliant plan of going to the drive-in movie theater. We didn't want to hassle with getting a babysitter. Just as easily as Lex could sleep in her crib, she could sleep in the car while we watch movies... right...
?!?! WRONG ?!?!
We were pretty enthusiastic about our genius idea. David gets to see 2 movies he actually wants to see (Harry Potter and Transformers 2). I don't have to worry about paying full price for 2 movies. And, Lexi gets to spend time with us rather than home alone with a sitter. Everybody WINS.
So, the master plan was to have Lex all ready for bed and right as the first movies starts, put her in her car seat and hand her the ba ba. Everything was going very smoothly and exactly according to plan, until the first movie started and we tried to put her in her seat... She wanted nothing to do with her car seat and after she finished her bottle on my lap, she wanted nothing to do with sleeping.
Her ideas for the evening turned out to be radically different than ours. If she wasn't screaming because we were rocking her in attempts to get her to sleep, she was flashing the brights on and off, playing with the radio volume or switching the radio stations completely, or screaming "no no no!" as I forced her little fists out of the doughnuts.
I can honestly say that I have no idea what happened in Harry Potter. And, don't recall anything about transformers aside from the last hour - when Lexi finally zonked off into an unconscious oblivion. 12:30AM ... both David and I were exhausted, so I can't blame her one bit for falling asleep.
Throughout the entire experience the only coherent thought I had was, "why on earth did I NOT add the benadryl to her bottle?!?" You can be sure that I will not make that mistake again... And, by mistake I am certainly not talking about only the omission from the bottle... we're talking the whole very memorable event!
don't worry, she made up for it the next day.
Friday, August 7, 2009
never again
Posted by Jenn at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment