

Bet you can't guess where we have been?
One of the things that attracted me to the house we chose is the fact that it's close to the city and thus close to a lot of things to do with Lexi. One of which happens to be the Pitt Zoo/PPG Aquarium.
We are about 2 miles away - of course that means it's definitely against my moral code to drive, and we must walk. We went there on Tuesday morning and then again today - we try and get there early to beat the crowds; stay for about an hour - enough time to do a lap; then head home just in time to catch an afternoon nap. Some times I am so impressed with my parenting, I am speechless!
I wish that I could say I was walking there on a semi-regular basis for the sake of my 2 year old... however, that would be a lie. The only way I can bribe her into her stroller these days is with a promise that she can see the animals and fishes! Bribery - who knew it was such a useful tool?!? (okay, so pretty much anyone who has kids, works with kids, was a kid, likes kid's cereal - well, you get the idea.) I may not be in the running for an originality award, but all I care about is not having the neighbors craning their heads out their windows trying to discover if the ear piercing screams means a child is being kidnapped... that could be a major damper on my morning. Have I mentioned how nosy people around here are? Sometimes I feel like I am stuck in Mayberry (however, everyone had their teeth on the TV show - that could have just been Hollywood tho, you know how 'they' are)... "neighborhood watch" what is that?!? I just want to be left alone! Unless of course someone is stealing all my "good stuff" - then by all means pull out the binoculars!
ah, I digress. Lex loves the animals, but she really loves the aquarium. She could spend all day wandering around looking at all the fishes. No compliant from me that she happens to love the one area with air conditioning... I try to think of ways other than past dinners we've had to help her identify what she's looking at. People get pretty weird when they walk by and I'm saying, "remember last night when we had the rice, and the lemon flavored white stuff? Well..."
I do my best to stick within the safe parameters that Disney has been kind enough to construct; "look there's nemo". Boring!
Anyway, so far it has kept her attention. We'll see what happens when the amount of days we have lived here actually reaches the double digits. oh blessed release, has it really only been 1 week?!?
exactly how I feel everyone morning when David says it's another beautiful day in the pitts
I wonder if she's thinking what I am thinking... "a little butter, some fresh lemon, maybe a little dill..."
caught red handed trying to slip them some contraband. So that must be the reason for all the "no food allowed" signs posted everywhere... which I ignore...
Thursday, July 15, 2010
One wild street
Posted by Jenn at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment