So, as the lack of blog entries may suggest, i have been a little stressed and busy over the past few weeks. Much of the stress comes from wondering where we are going to be living for the next few years, but throw a little YW drama in the mix and voila - one super-sized emotional basket case.
Now, i hear that when some individuals get stressed or overwhelmed they do things like: go for a walk, write all their feelings down on paper, or talk problems through with another person. I, however, am not that well balanced or emotionally mature - go ahead, ask David he'd be the first to agree - thus, what do i do to cope with my stress? Starts with a "C" and doesn't involve either sharing or caring...
yup, CHOCOLATE... and lots of it!
Some of you may be, at the very moment, recalling that I have a degree in Psychology. The science of the "care and share"; The revolution of "talk it out". So why am i confiding in Betty Crocker? I went into head shrinking so that i was the one asking the questions... to poor David's dismay, i never claimed to believe in sharing feelings.
I always forget is there one T or two in hypocrite?
Anyway, lex loves to help me cook dinner and can always be found right under foot while I'm in the kitchen. The entire time i was putting the brownies together she stood at my feet with her mouth open and tongue hanging out - yup, made the mistake of letting her taste the batter. This was the first time she's even gotten the bowl and spoon to lick clean - i think she caught on pretty quick.
It was hard to get a good picture... she was so focused on getting as much batter as she could, she wouldn't stop for even a brief Kodak moment. Thus, no smiles - just pure concentration...


Thursday, October 15, 2009
finger lickin' good
Posted by Jenn at 8:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh I loved this!!!!!! So much fun!!! I so wish I was seeing you girls tomorrow... and that we were going to eat chocolate together... a brownie sounds lovely right now. :)
Post a Comment