Tuesday, May 5, 2009

david and i turn 3

Last week David and I passed the 3 year mark of marriage... in some ways it feels like that number should be a lot bigger - higher - more impressive...
It is fun to remember back to our {brief} time dating; the newness, excitement, fun. ah, good times... these days, our time is just brief...


david called me from school on our anniversary, our conversation went something like this:
david: do you want a leather purse?
jen: already have one.

david: do you want another leather jacket?
jen: don't use the 2 I have.

david: what about a leather watch?
jen: nope, got that too.

david: fine! thanks for ruining everything. bye.

This point of the conversation is where it would have been useful for me to have known that one of his friends on campus referred him to an anniversary website which lays out what represents each year.
if you didn't already guess, year 3 is leather.

I had to leave for a YW meeting when he got home that night - happy anniversary, hon - and, as I was leaving he asked where we kept the wrapping paper. i called his bluff, knowing he hadn't bought anything. without skipping a beat he replied, "oh never mind! I'll find it. i'm going to wrap up everything leather that you own... you have to open something tonight." I'll tell you, life is seldom dull when david has time to think about things other than teeth.

In the end, it was a low key event. and, instead of leather for our 3rd year, it will forever be known as the year of the 'cup o'noodle' cause that's what i wolfed down before running out the door - right about the time david walked through it.

in case you are curious here is the site for anniversaries:

1 comments:

Laura Earl said...

I know it is late. But we would still love to watch Lex so you guys can really celebrate the three years :)

We are gonna miss you guys this summer!